Announcing our Next Free DACA Clinic
Date: April 12, 2014 | 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Address: Saddleback College (Student Cervices Center, Room SSC 212) | 28000 Marguerite Parkway, Mission Viejo, CA 92692
The Orange County Dream Team and ACLAMO at Saddleback College will be partnering with Asian Americans Advancing Justice – LA, Public Law Center, and Western State College of Law to provide free assistance to people who qualify for consideration for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
DACA is a program instituted by the Obama Administration on June 15, 2012 designed to allow eligible undocumented immigrants who entered the country as children to receive work authorization and protection from deportation for a period of 2 years.
All applicants may register via a google form before the date, but walk-ins will be accepted: http://goo.gl/Ji3P07
It is requested that all applicants attend with any document that may serve as evidence that they meet the application’s requirements, and that all minors be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
You may request consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals if you meet the following requirements:
- Were under the age of 31 on June 15, 2012;
- Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
- Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
- Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
- Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;
- Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
- Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
The OCDT Scholarship application period is now closed
We are in the process of reviewing all of the applications, and will notify the recipients when our scholarship committee makes its decision.